Have you ever delivered a poop sandwich? You know the technique where you deliver bad news (the poop) between positive feedback (two lovely slices of bread).
For me, 2021 started with poop and ended with poop but in between a lot of good things happened.
As I sit back and reflect on the year that was, I realize that I learned and grew a lot in 2021.
My top 5 lessons of 2021:
- Grief is important – give it the space it needs; it is going to be with you for the rest of your life so make friends with it. It is love that has nowhere to go.
- Investing in your health yields big returns – Spending money and time on your physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing is the best investment that you can make.
- Call your friends – friends are family that you choose, choose wisely, and love them fiercely.
- Is its ok to not show up – if you aren’t feeling it, then don’t do it. Wait until you are. It will be better.
- Don’t give up on your passion – if you can make one person’s life better by doing what you do then keep going!
I’m a self-proclaimed “glass half full” chased with a “shot of reality” kind of person. I know we have dark days ahead, raging pandemic, double-digit inflation, supply chain interruptions, market corrections. But I also know the importance of staying positive and being prepared.
If the universe ever puts us on the same path together, I hope I am able to give you something that keeps you positive or helps you to be prepared.
My passion is to serve you and I will admit that it is kind of self-serving ????. You see, every time I can give you something that someone else was kind enough to give me, I growth and isn’t that what life is about – continued grow and service?
Wishing you peace, positivity, passion, and prosperity in 2022.